Thursday 28 April 2011

PILOT SURVEY AND INTERVIEWS SO FAR

Within the last few days i have conducted a pilot survey and have proposed questions for two pilot interviews.
So far, i am happy with the information gathered but still feel that i need to know more in order to aid my line of inquiry, hopefully the the pilot interviews will do this.
By conducting a survey i have managed to gather varied information, more so as statistics. This does help my inquiry in a way but i know i need more in depth answers if i am to get any closer to solutions.

I have conducted the pilot interviews via email which has allowed my interviewees time to read through the questions, answer them and then email them back. I will then be able to analyze and evaluate each question asked.
I chose to interview Beverly Glean Artistic Director of Irie! Dance Theater and Ricardo Small, Director and Choreographer of Street Dance Crew Abyss. Both are at different ends of the spectrum in terms of Community dance. Glean, has already founded her company and gone on to co-create a Foundation degree which focuses equally on Ballet, Contemporary, African and Caribbean dance forms. Small directs and co-choreographs a community Street Dance Crew which over the past few years has progressed immensely and is still growing.

Once the interviews have been returned to me, i will be able to blog fully about which research method i found most suited my inquiry.

http://www.iriedancetheatre.org/

http://www.streetdancers.co.uk/video/abyss-on-the-street-dance-xxl

No comments:

Post a Comment